Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day 16 - Frustration Begins

So...here is where I complain that I have no results yet.   I have lost 2 lbs...and 0 inches.   BOO!   But as much as I would like to claim that I gained my extra weight overnight....I did not.  So, for a nice change of pace, I will continue to work on my weight loss.


 I know, right???

But...I'm gonna switch things up a bit and work on my portion control.   I saw this 21 day fix workout and weight loss program.   I would like to order it, but thought I would experiment with it a little now.    HOLY CRAP...."regular" portion sizes are so much less than I eat.  No wonder I struggle with my weight.  Yikes!

So here's the total of what I'm supposed to have -   for the entire day....

4 cups Veg
3 cups fruit
3 cups protein (4 x 3/4 cups)
1.5 cups carbs (3 x 1/2 cup)
1/3 cup healthy fat
2 tbsp. seeds, nuts, or dressing
4 tsps. oils

I have been doing it ALL wrong....but, let's so how I do the first day.

6:30 - Coffee  (2 tsps butter)
7:00 - Workout - PiYo Upper body
8:00 - Shakeology (1 protein) (1 Fruit)

11:00 - 1 Cup celery (1 Veg)

I'm hungry


I'll check back later....

12:30 - Lunch
I had a salad - lettuce, tomato, slaw mix, and chicken (1 Veg, 1 Protein, 2 tbsp dressing)

It actually was large enough....I didn't think so at first, but it really was.   I would have normally made a much bigger salad, and finished it!



I went ahead and made this same salad for a few more lunches...so don't call me out if this picture makes a repeat performance.   You know...YOU...the 2 people who are reading this.

OK...so I went to the store and I was SO HUNGRY.  I bought too much stuff.  I only went to buy feta cheese.   I spent 60.00.     Anyway...it was all good healthy stuff, just maybe stuff I wouldn't have normally purchased.   I bought this yogurt (without looking at the label...I know...I know).   It's kinda high in carbs, but it was so good, I may not care.   It was Chobani salted caramel yogurt with little chocolate chips and pretzel pieces.  Seriously, it was amazing.   I could do this, if I could be promised to have that everyday.   Every OTHER day?    Anyway....then I may have had 2 handfuls of pistachios.   At this point, I don't even know what category to count half of what I'm eating, but I still think it's far less than I normally eat, so how bad could it be?

Dinner - 5:00 (this never happens)
Ground turkey with mixed veggies.   Ok, I totally phoned this one in.   I didn't even take a photo.  It's like the night that you make the boxed mac and cheese, it just happens sometimes.    

Seriously...ground turkey and this


Oh well, can't win everyday.    Now it's 6:00pm and I'm wondering what time I'll have to go to bed to insure that I don't eat everything in site.  I'm thinking....7.

Ok, Day 16 complete...



No comments:

Post a Comment